Mfano: Dokta Fredrick alikuwa akiogopa kufukuzwa kazi kwa kufuatia ukweli aliouficha juu ya kumcheka mwuguzi Sarah. Kiungo cha "onyesha chanzo" iliwekwa kwa sababu kuna mtu amejisikia kuweka maelezo haya ya kuonyesha vyanzo juu ya maelezo yaliyoandikwa. Kama huwezi kuonyesha chanzo cha maelezo, basi tahadhali ya ziada huchukuliwa na kuwekewa kibendera cha kuonyesha maelezo ni wapi yanapotokea. How to improve a passage that has a "citation needed" flag To learn how to change or discuss articles, visit Wikipedias editing tutorial. If you can provide a source to back up the statement, please ...
Content translation has been successful in supporting the translation process on many Wikipedia communities, and we want to help additional wikis with potential to grow using translation as part of a new initiative. Content translation facilitates the creation of Wikipedia articles by translating content from other languages. It has been used already to create more than half a million articles. In addition, the tool provides mechanisms to encourage the creation of good quality content, preventing the publication of lightly edited machine translations. In general, our analysis shows that th ...
Asia Month is about writing Asia. If you are writing five or more pages about Asia, Special design letter will send to you. Why dont you join us? If you are interested, please sign this page. If you want to be local organizer, please sign below. Cf. m:Wikipedia Asian Month en:Wikipedia:Wikipedia Asian Month
Maelezo Ukitaka kupeleka makala hapa katika makala hii kopi Kigezo:Makala ya wiki Andika jina la makala uliyotunga hapa badala ya jina la nyingine. Usiongeze idadi kwa jumla! B) tunga hitimisho fupi ya makala hii si zaidi ya alama 1100 na kuihifadhi kwa jina la Wikipedia:Makala ya wiki/XXXXXXX - badala ya XXXXXXX andika jina la makala A) Chagua makala unaotaka kuonyesha kwenye ukurasa wa kwanza |jina= jina la makala Badala ya mabano andika jina la makala. |picha= jina la picha Badala ya mabano andika jina la faili ya picha. |nakala ya picha = matini itakayoonekana chini ya picha Badala ya ...
Virusi ni chembe ndogo sana iliyoundwa na maada jenetiki, kama ADN au ARN, katika koti la proteini. Vinaweza kusababisha magonjwa.
Anthony Cruz ni mwanamuziki wa Marekani anayetokea Brooklyn mjini New York. Anafahamika kwa kuwa amekuwa mtu wa karibu na mwanamuziki Nas kwa kipindi kirefu na pia kuwa miongoni wa wanamuziki katika kikundi cha The Firm akiwa pamoja na Nas Foxy Brown, Cormega na Nature. Katika orodha ya wanamuziki pendwa wa hip hop wa muda wote iliyochapishwa katika mtandao wa About.com ilisema kuwa AZ alikuwa ni namba 1. AZ kwa mara ya kwanza alijulikana kutokana na kuwepo katika albamu ya mwanamuziki Nas iliyoitwa Illmatic katika nyimbo iliyojulikana kama "Lifes A Bitch". AZ, alijiunga na EMI na kuachia ...
Hii ni makala en:Wikipedia:Copyrights kutoka Wikipedia ya Kiingereza kuhusu hatimiliki. Ingekuwa bora kutafsiri makala hii katika lugha ya Kiswahili. The license Wikipedia uses grants free access to our content in the same sense as free software is licensed freely. This principle is known as copyleft. That is to say, Wikipedia content can be copied, modified, and redistributed so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the authors of the Wikipedia article used. Wikipedia articles therefore will remain free forever and can be used by anybody subject to ce ...
Wikipedia ya Kiswahili ni kamusi elezo huru. Tovuti yenyewe ni wiki. Inaandikwa na watu wengi kwa pamoja. Inamaanisha kila mmoja anaweza kubadili yaliyomo katika ukurasa. Hebu bonyeza kitufe cha hariri. Unaweza kufanya hivyo katika kila ukurasa ambao haujakingwa. Unaweza kuona kama ukurasa umekuwa unasema: tazama chanzo cha ukurasa badala ya hariri.
Wikipedia ilianzishwa mnamo Januari 2001 na hadi sasa kuna makala zaidi ya 53.000.000, zikiwemo 61.352 kwa Kiswahili. Kila siku maelfu ya watu kutoka duniani kote wanafanya mabadiliko katika makala hizo za lugha nyingi mbalimbali na kuanzisha kurasa mpya.
Everything that is written on the site is covered by the GNU Free Documentation License. Pages that you write remain your property and the copyleft licensing ensures that people will always be able to use and reproduce the content. See copyrights for more information.
Note: Wikipedia contains content that some people think is mean, vulgar or bad. See the content disclaimer for more information.
1. Contributing to Wikipedia
- Policies and guidelines for contributors
- Welcome, newcomers!, a starting point for new contributors.
- Help pages, help on editing articles and more.Sumbwa People and their culture Tanzania.
You are Here: Home › Uganda Culture › Sumbwa Culture
There are many people who are hungry to know about Sumbwa People and their culture Tanzania. If you are among those who are interested to know about culture in Tanzania, you are welcome to this page.
On this page therefore, I will guide you if you want to know about customs, beliefs and religion of Sumbwa tribe in Tanzania.
The Sumbwa are an ethnic and linguistic group based in the MBOGWE and Bukombe District,in GEITA REGION And kahama in Shinyanga Region in central Tanzania. In 1987 the Sumbwa population was estimated to number 191.000
Other Tribes and their Culture Sumbwa People Hangaza People›|› Gweno people›|› Ha people ›|› Hadza People ›|›.Haya people ›|› Kahe people ›|› Kami People ›|› Kaguru People ›|› Kagura people ›|› Kabwa people›|› Jita People ›|› Jiji People ›|› Hehe people ›|› Ikizu people ›|› Iramba People›|› Iraqw people ›|› Ikoma People ›|› Isanzu People ›|›
Origins of Tanzania Sumbwa People and their culture.
Their ethno-linguistic group is most commonly said to have its origins in western Cameroon, although how its possible to be so certain over migrations that date back over four millennia, I really dont know.
What is certain is that, these People certainly came from the region of central Africa, from where they and/or their culture began expanding to other parts of sub-Saharan Africa around 2000 BC.
The cause of these migrations are believed to have been the result of an increasingly settled agricultural lifestyle: although needing little land far less than herding cattle would, land had to be fertile and well-watered for cultivation to be a viable alternative.
Population pressure in central Africa may therefore have prompted the first migrations.
Several successive waves of migrations over the following millennia followed on the tracks of the first.
They were neither planned nor instantaneous, put took place gradually over hundreds and thousands of years, allowing plenty of time for these people and their culture to spread and be influenced by other cultures it came across, either through assimilation or - more rarely, it seems - conquest.
Traditional Music of Tanzania Sumbwa People
Traditionally, music was the most widely practiced art in their community. At any time of the day or night, some music was being made. Music was not made for its own sake.
Music was functional. It was used for ceremonial, religious, political, or incidental purposes.
Music was performed during funerals, to praise the departed, to console the bereaved, to keep people awake at night, to express pain and agony, and was also used during cleansing and chasing away of spirits.
Music was also played during ceremonies like beer parties,welcoming back the warriors from a war, during a wrestling match,during courtship, etc.
Work songs also existed. These were performed both during communal work like building, weeding, etc. and individual work like pounding of cereals, or winnowing.
Music was also used for ritual purposes like chasing away evil spirits who visit the village at night, in rain making, and during divinations and healing.
Their music was shaped by the total way of life, lifestyles, and life patterns of individuals of this community.
Because of that, the music had characteristics which distinguished it from the music of other communities.
This can be seen, heard, and felt in their melodies, rhythms, mode of presentation and dancing styles, movements, and formations.
The melodies in their music were lyrical, with a lot of vocal ornamentations. These ornaments came out clearly, especially when the music carried an important message.
Their rhythms were characterized by a lot of syncopation and acrusic beginning. These songs were usually presented in solo-response style, although some were solo performances.
The most common forms of solo performances were chants. These chants were recitatives with irregular rhythms and phrases, which carried serious messages.
Another unique characteristic in their music is the introduction of yet another chant at the middle of a musical performance.
The singing stops, the pitch of the musical instruments go down and the dance becomes less vigorous as an individual takes up the performance is self praise
Family life and Marriage Customs of Tanzania Sumbwa People.
Marriage was traditionally considered to be the most significant event in the lives of both men and women.
It was thought inappropriate for anyone to remain unmarried. Large families ensured adequate numbers of workers.
The system of polygamy multiple wives guaranteed that all people married.
The significance of bride wealth is increasing, even among educated Africans.
Members of the grooms family initiate a process of negotiation with the brides family that may unfold over many years.
Negotiations can be intense, and for this reason a "go-between," who is neutral to the interests of each family, is used.
Most Africans believe that divorce cannot occur after bride wealth has been exchanged and children are born.
Even if separation happens, the couple is still ideally considered to be married. Failure to have children, however, is thought to be the fault of the bride and, for this, she will be divorced or replaced by another wife.
Cattle are the primary item given in bride wealth. In determining the value of a prospective bride, her family takes into account her health, appearance, and, nowadays, her level of formal education.
Failure of men to raise a high bride wealth prompts many of them to propose elopement, a practice that is on the rise today.
Young people in East Africa still tend to marry within their own ethnic groups. Tribal elders frequently caution against "intertribal marriages."
The more distant the ethnic group in space and customs from the within, the greater the cautionary warnings.
Traditional Dressing and Clothing Etiquette of Tanzania Sumbwa People.
, these people wore minimal clothing. Animal hides were used to cover private parts, but there was no stigma shame associated with nudity.
Nowadays, clothing styles are largely Western in origin. They vary according to a persons social class and lifestyle preferences.
It is not uncommon to see people in remote rural areas fashionably dressed according to some of the latest tastes.
People in cities tend to wear clothing that is cosmopolitan by rural standards and similar to the clothing worn in New York or Paris.
In rural areas, most people dress according to their work routines.
For example, women wear loose-fitting dresses made of solid or printed cotton fabric while farming or attending market. Wearing sandals or going barefoot are typical while working.
Men wear jeans as work pants while farming. During the rainy season, the roadscan become very muddy; consequently, boots and umbrellas are especially prized by both men and women.
These days, there is a strong market in second-hand clothing, making slacks, dresses, coats, undergarments, sweaters, shoes, handbags, belts, and other items available to even poorer families.
These people enjoy dressing up for funerals and weddings and are considered throughout east Africa to be very fashionable.
Etiquette of Tanzania Sumbwa People
Tanzanians are proud of their disciplined upbringing. The ability to keep control of ones temper and emotions in public is highly valued.
Young men and women in rural areas are not supposed to show mutual affection in public in daylight, although this rule is often broken in urban centers. Boys and men, however, are commonly seen in public holding hands as a sign of friendship.
I n many rural areas, women are not supposed to smoke, talk in a raised voice, or cross their legs while sitting or standing.
Traditionally, elders are honored and respected by the rest of the community, although youth are increasingly challenging such customs as arranged marriages.
Although the use of silverware is increasing, traditional customs prescribe eating all foods, including rice and meat sauces, with the right hand.
Children who attempt to eat with their left hands are disciplined appropriately at very early ages.
This custom is related to the perceived symbolic purity of the right hand, compared to the left hand which is often used for cleaning after using the toilet.
Traditional Food and Cuisines of Tanzania Sumbwa People.
primary crops are maize corn, millet, and sorghum. Coffee, tobacco, cotton, and sugarcane are important cash crops. Important animals include sheep, goats, chickens, and cattle, which are used for bride wealth.
Fish from Lakes and their streams are important, especially talapia. Many foods are purchased, including sugar, bread, and butter, which are consumed with tea on a daily basis, a custom known as "tea time" and derived from the British colonial era, which ended in 1963.
The staple food eaten several times a day is ugali. This is made from maize meal stirred in boiling water until it becomes a thick and smooth porridge. Ugali is always eaten with an accompaniment such as meat or stew.
Greens sukumawiki are also frequently eaten with ugali. Maize, popular throughout Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda is frequently sold for money.
This has led many families to sell their maize when financially pressed for money. For this reason, there is a periodic famine throughout East Africa that occurs every year during the long, dry season prior to harvest.
Cultural heritage of Tanzania Sumbwa People.
These people consider their entire traditional way of life to be an important community resource.
There is a great deal of disagreement over what should be preserved and what should change. Customs centering on marriage and gender relations are hotly debated.
Songs are popular today as in the past. Musicians praise and lament political, generational, economic, and cultural contradictions in contemporary life.
Luo devote much time to listening to music, and regularly purchase records, tapes, and CDs. Christian church music is also a form of entertainment.
Traditional Employment of Tanzania Sumbwa People.
The most notable fact about their economy is that women play the primary role in farming. Before the introduction of the modern money economy, the garden was the centerpiece of the womens world of work.
Industrious women could earn considerable wealth by exchanging their garden produce for animals, handicrafts, pots, and baskets.
A young girl is expected to help her mother and her mothers co-wives in farming land owned by her father, brothers, and paternal uncles. Even though a girl may go to school and rise to a prominent position in society, there is often still a strong association with the land and digging.
Men are preoccupied with livestock and spend a great deal of time in "social labor" concerned with placing their cattle in good contexts, such as bride wealth exchanges, trading partnerships, and commercial sales. In the modern economy, cattle and goats have a monetary value as well. Men have control over animals and cash crops.
Child Rearing and Education with Tanzania Sumbwa People.
Until the age of five or so for boys, and until adolescence for girls, children have the most contact with their mothers, sisters, and other female relatives.
Both boys and girls attend school if the parents can afford the fees. If there is not sufficient money for both to attend, the boy is usually favored, and the girl remains home to help her mother until she gets married and moves away.
Students are supposed to respect their teachers, and corporal punishment is still practiced in Tanzanian schools although at a less extent.
Among some ethnic groups, puberty ceremonies for boys and girls are practiced. Marking the transition to adulthood, such elaborate ceremonies may involve circumcision of boys and several kinds of genital surgery on girls.
Unsterile surgical procedures performed on girls may have severe health consequences.
As fees for schooling have risen, families are finding it difficult to send their children to secondary schools.
The wealthy send their older children to boarding schools both within and outside the country, although they worry that the materialistic influences of the modern world and lack of family supervision will negatively influence their children.
Cultural perception on Death and the Afterlife of Tanzania Sumbwa People.
Death is a part of daily life for an African. In regions hit hard by the AIDS epidemic, families are often not able to afford the time or resources to follow traditional mourning and burial customs, which differ by religion and ethnic group.
Among many ethnic groups, the "ancestors" assume an extremely important role. Ancestor spirits are remembered through various rituals and are believed to exert me significant influence on daily life.
For example, at drinking occasions, so people pour a small libation of beer onto the ground in respect of the ancestors. In other cases, a small vessel of beer is left in a special location as an offering to the ancestors.
In still other cases, sacrifices of a chicken or goat, for example, are made to the ancestors in ceremonies that vary according to ethnicity.
2. Getting in touch
- Bug reports and feature requests
- Meta Wikipedia, more about Wikipedia and related projects
- Contact us
- Wikipedia mailing lists
- Wikipedians, list of people who help with Wikipedia
- Simple talk, ask questions here
3. Sister projects
- Wikiquote, quotations in every language.
- Wikibooks, this sites makes textbooks
- Wiktionary, a dictionary and thesaurus in lots of languages
- Wikisource, this site collects public domain source texts.
4. Other links
- Useful, pages to help if you are editing here
- Simple GFDL, a translation that is not finished of the GFDL into simple English.
- Help, links to other help pages
- to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many
- Kiswahili Wikipedia Challenge: Kiswahili English This page is about the Kiswahili Wikipedia Challenge, a contest running through January 2010. For
- formatting for citations How to produce the citation needed flag To learn more about the citation needed template itself, including when and how to use it
- regarding translation of articles. I hope the translation tool you are about to implement will be better than other currently tools since for Swahili
- Asia Month is about writing Asia. If you are writing five or more pages about Asia, Special design letter from other country will send to you. Why don t
- 5 SN - Henry Wanyoike
- Mtumiaji: kims00748
- Article Name
- sites that sell new and used books, and may also have further information about books you are looking for: AddALL PriceSCAN Barnes & Noble Amazon.com
- from the contest. Leave questions about the contest on its talk page Search for the topic you want to write about before starting. Duplicate articles
- ask the team to help you enable citoid at your wiki. The team will talk about editing tools at an upcoming Wikimedia Foundation metrics and activities
- Wikipedia categories named after games 24 C Wonderbook 1 C, 1 P Works about games 7 C Years in games 5 C, 55 P Game images 5 C Game stubs
- alikoholi spirit si konyagi lowesha karatasi nayo, futa, tupa Soma zaidi About prevention and treatment, tovuti ya National Center for Immunization and
- African languages but also in a few European languages. The article is about a brave young man who saved the local community. He was one of the youngest
- everyone is welcome to view Detailed information about the contest can be found at the introductory page. About 600 of the best of Wikimedia Common s photos
- alikoholi spirit si konyagi lowesha karatasi nayo, futa, tupa Soma zaidi About prevention and treatment, tovuti ya National Center for Immunization and
- strategy process 15 December 2016 Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it Update 2 on Wikimedia movement
- aiming at presenting problems, possible solutions and critical analysis about Wikimedia projects and activities in 18 minutes. These proposals do not
- the contributors, very few active contributors admins specifically know about this policy. According to an explanation from one of the sw wiki admins
- adopted by global community consensus your community received a notice about the discussion According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators
- information about the river or anything else that you could tell me about it, or if you could even tell me where to find more information about it books
- last at least a month ideally all active editor should agree there are about 15 Alternatives the community is expected to test in this period:
- en: No Place That Far song 2 Muddyb - What About Now Daughtry song
- are not that good. I ve been writting an article at the el: Wikipedia about the el: The Nairobi Hospital and I do not have any pictures to support
- you can make it just even a once for fortnight - we ll be together I was about to change the main page article yesterday, but time was my major obstacle
- for not speaking your beautiful language. Can anybody just start a page about the en: meerkat or es: suricata? It is there stated that the word comes from
- michango kwa lugha hii. The WikiIndaba 2014 meeting has the aim to consult about governance of wiki projects in Africa and how to build communities. The
- vandalism a place and procedure for notifying Wikipedia administrators about chronic vandalism. See also en: Wikipedia: Administrator intervention against
- Translated from English 1.5 SN Henry Wanyoike About the akenyan blind Athlete. Translated from en. 2.5 SN Lucas Sang About a Kenyan athlete who was killed in Post - election
Below is a list of links to other sites that sell new and used books, and may also have further information about books you are looking for: PriceSCAN Barnes & Noble Amazon.com AddALL
Users also searched:
wikipedia:about, wikipedia:featured articles. wikipedia:about,
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →